CONDITIONS OF COMPETITION
The Rules of the United States Golf Association govern play, including local rules on the Notice to Competitors (Rules Sheet), which is distributed at every event prior to commencing play.
SPECTATOR GUIDELINES AND POLICIES
All spectators are to adhere to the following guidelines:
Spectators are asked to:
- View play from cart path or rough areas only, no closer than 30 yards. It is recommended that spectators walk 30 yards in front the players at all times. In order to maintain consistency, we ask that all spectators view play from the “rough” only. Spectators need to “stay up” with the group they are watching. Lagging behind slows play for the entire field.
- Please be courteous to all players and encourage all players with applause and compliments.
- Make sure that you are never standing directly behind or in front of any player preparing to hit.
- Keep small children under control.
Spectators are not permitted to:
- Walk down fairway or go onto any green.
- Talk to or advise players during play as this is a rules violation in accordance with the USGA Rule Book (seeking advice). A player may be assessed a 2 stroke penalty for each violation of this rule, with a maximum penalty of 4 strokes and/or disqualification.
- Make rulings: Spectators are not officials and should not make rulings on the golf course. Speaking to players or transportation of players is prohibited (unless previously arranged prior to the start of the event) and could lead to penalties to the competitors.
- Be conscientious when talking with others when players may be preparing to hit.
Please remember that part of the player’s experience with NFJG is a learning experience. Therefore, spectators are not allowed to interfere with the assessment of penalties and/or score keeping. If a spectator or competitor has a score or ruling question they should ask for assistance from a tournament official or if a tournament official is not present used the “second ball rule”
Cell phones are not appropriate on the golf course. Please set your phone to silent. If you must make a call please leave the course. Please keep in mind that some courses do not permit the use of cell phones.
All spectators should be appropriately dressed. Please refer to the Code of Conduct; Attire section of the Member Handbook. Please act appropriately and be appreciative of the staff and host facility.
Spectator carts may be permitted – please check with the registration at each event.