CONDITIONS OF COMPETITION
The Rules of the United States Golf Association govern play, including local rules on the Notice to Competitors (Rules Sheet), which is distributed at every event prior to commencing play.
PACE OF PLAY
Up to Four Check-Points can/will be used. The check-points will be listed on the rules sheet. All players in a Group are subject to penalty, but specific players may be addressed individually. During our events players may receive warnings. Each group is responsible for monitoring their own pace.
- Standard Time par is 4 hours and 30 minutes.
- 13 minutes for a par 3, 15 minutes for a par 4 and 17 minutes for a par 5.
- Time for ball searches, rulings and walking between Holes is included in the allotted time.
Check-Points are to be completed in the following amount of Time.
- Hole #’s 4/13 9/18 13/4 18/9
- Time allotted 1:00 2:15 3:15 4:30
A Group’s Time begins when its first player is announced off their starting tee. Check-Point Times are measured when the flagstick is replaced in the Hole after all players in the Group have holed out.
OUT OF POSITION:
- First Group: At any time they exceed the allotted time to play.
- Following Groups: At any time they exceed the allotted time to play and are more than 14 minutes behind the Group ahead.
Notification: A group in breach of the pace will be verbally notified by an official.
- 1st Potential breach – Warning
- 2nd Potential breach – One-stroke penalty
- 3rd Potential breach – Two-stroke penalty
- 4th Potential breach – Disqualification
Penalties are added to the Check-Point Hole where the breach occurred.