CONDITIONS OF COMPETITION
The Rules of the United States Golf Association govern play, including local rules on the Notice to Competitors (Rules Sheet), which is distributed at every event prior to commencing play.
CODE OF CONDUCT
As a member of the NFJG you will have the privilege of visiting fine golf clubs in the North Florida area and tour members AND their parents and spectators are expected to conduct themselves as ladies and gentlemen.
RIGHT TO REJECT
The Board of Directors reserves the right to deny or revoke the right of any individual to participate, if in its sole discretion, NFJG determines that the applicant’s or participant’s presence would impact adversely upon or be detrimental to the image of the Tour in any way, which is to include not only behavior but also score.
CONDITIONS OF PLAY:
Entries are subject to withdrawal at any time (including during the event) by the NFJG. The reason for withdraw may include improper attire and/or unbecoming conduct. Any person whose entry is accepted shall be subject to the rules and conditions of play set forth by the NFJG.
VIOLATIONS ON THE GOLF COURSE:
Unsportsmanlike conduct includes abusive language (profanity), club throwing, disrespect to volunteers, disrespect to officials or fellow competitors, abuse of the course or facilities, or the use of drugs, alcohol or tobacco products. Cell phones and IPODS are prohibited.
CODE OF CONDUCT VIOLATION PENALTIES:
The game of golf relies on the integrity of the individual to show consideration for other players and behave in a disciplined manner, irrespective of how competitive they may be that day.
The NFJG Tournament Committee, based on severity and frequency of the violation(s), may:
- Warn the player, or
- Penalize the player two strokes
- Disqualify the player from the tournament at which the violation occurs, or
- Depending on the severity of the violation, a tournament disqualification may also result in disqualification from the next tournament(s) for which a player has been accepted.
NFJG reserves the right to suspend or revoke a player’s membership or entries for a serious breach of the NFJG TOUR Code of Conduct.
A player’s disregard of others is not limited to the current round but may include repeated offenses from tournament to tournament.
Examples may include, but are not limited to:
- Club tossing or throwing
- Words or phrases (profanity) that may be disrespectful to others
- Kicking or throwing their bag
- Poor etiquette
- Any unnecessary/intentional damage to the golf course or property
All attire must also meet club guidelines; when in doubt, dress traditionally. In addition to this policy:
- Hats/visors must be worn with brim forward; males must remove hat/visor while indoors at host facility.
- Golf shirts must be worn and tucked in at all times.
- Men’s collarless shirts are acceptable when designed for golf.
- Men’s shorts must not hang past the knee.
- Women’s fashion shirts without a collar are acceptable but should have sleeves. Sleeveless shirts are permitted
- Women’s shorts must be no more than 5” above the knee or the inseam of the shorts must measure at least 5”.
- Tank tops, T-shirts
- Denim shorts, short-shorts, cut-off shorts, gym shorts, jeans
- Camouflage designed attire, including hats
- Earrings (males) / Body Piercing (other than earrings for females)
Proper attire is required at all times at the host facility, including players meetings and cookouts. Questionable attire will be reviewed by the NFJG Tournament Committee. Should a host facility have a stricter dress code, its policy will take precedence. Players in violation will not be allowed to tee off.
Any appeal must be made in writing and must be made within two weeks of the occurrence. Send appeals to:
NFJG Board of Directors
P.O. Box 49163
Jacksonville Beach, FL 32240