CONDITIONS OF COMPETITION
The Rules of the United States Golf Association govern play, including local rules on the Notice to Competitors (Rules Sheet), which is distributed at every event prior to commencing play.
Foundation (9 hole) Divisions and Boys and Girls 10-12 years of age and under only.
The Executive Director has the authority to eliminate or modify caddie policy at any time.
In golf, a caddie (or caddy) is the person who carries a player’s bag and gives insightful advice and moral support.
Anyone wishing to caddy for a member of the RISING TOUR or FOUNDATION TOUR must
- Be a family member, 21 years of age or older or a non-family member adult, 21 years of age or older approved by the players Parents.
- Confirm they have read this policy and will conform to its contents.
- Acknowledge that they have a good understanding of golf and the basic rules of golf.
- Approved caddies must wear a NFJG tour Caddie Bib at all times while on duty. (Picked up at registration and returned to scoreboard)
- Caddies are permitted to use motorized vehicles, but are encouraged to walk. Fees will vary from club to club and are not included in player’s entry fees.
- Caddies are allowed to transport players clubs and equipment.
- Players are not permitted to ride at any time. EXCEPTION: WHERE ALL PLAYERS ARE BEING SHUTTLED DURING EVENT. Penalty: 1st offence: 2 shots to competitor. 2nd offence: 2 shots to competitor and caddie will leave course and/or lose privileges for remainder of season.
- Caddies are not permitted to consume alcoholic beverages or smoke while caddying.
- Caddies will be allowed to search for player’s balls along with any other players in the group.
- Caddies will be allowed to clean player’s golf ball and offer advice. (Pace of play strictly enforced)
- In the instance where caddie is not adhering to pre-determined standards. 1st offence: 2 shots to player. 2nd offence: 2 shots to competitor (max 4) and caddie will leave and/or lose privileges for remainder of season.
- A NFJG TOUR staff/rules official will be assigned to the Foundation Division at each event. This Staff person will be in charge of all caddie decisions during the course of play.
THE INTENT OF THIS PROGRAM IS TO ASSIST AND MENTOR OUR YOUNGER PLAYERS DURING THEIR ROUND OF GOLF. ANY CADDIE BERRATING A PLAYER OR CREATING CONFRONTATONS WITH SPECTATORS WILL LOOSE THEIR CADDIE PRIVELEGES. THIS DECISION WILL BE THE DETERMINATION OF THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR. CADDIES IN GROUPS ARE EXPECTED TO ASSIST OTHER PLAYERS. THE INTENT IS FOR THE CADDIE TO HELP EVERYONE, NOT JUST FORMING A “PLAYER/CADDIE TEAM” AGAINST EVERYONE ELSE.
Note: The Executive Director reserves the right to utilize the caddie program during any schedule event for any or all tour divisions.